One of very few companies to be able to offer a bespoke ECU tuning solution to the Rx8 with the standard ECU offering real and tangible gains in horse power. We can now carry this out remotely where we send you out a laptop and hardware needed, you return your logs to us and we send you a new bespoke map to put on the car.
We offer this service in two packages, Basic and Advanced.
This is where no logging (driving) adjustment is required and is aimed at those with minor modifications such as aftermarket coils which need a dwell adjustment or DTC deleting following an exhaust modification.
Other adjustments included in the Basic package are:
- OMP oil injection rates – Inject more oil for increased lubrication and side-seal cooling.
- Rev limiter increase -Don’t want to stop at 9000 rpm? you don’t have to!
- Fan operation temperature – Increase cooling efficiency by lowering the temperature the fans operate.
- Low temp rev limiter – Prevent wear when the engine is cold by having a rev limiter.
- VFAD Adjustment – slight air flow advantage can be achieved by operating this sooner.
Advanced: £200 (Naturally Aspirated only)
The Advanced package offers a full bespoke tuning service, horse power gains are typically between 10-20hp with increased power throughout the rev range. This service is aimed at those with more serious modifications such as, full exhaust systems, intake systems and engine porting although performance gains can be found on a completely standard car.
This Advanced package includes everything in the Basic package plus:
- Fuel adjustment – Typically the Rx8 runs better on a leaner fuel map which increases power.
- Max load calibration – Needs to be calibrated to match what the engine can do post modification.
- MAF calibration – Mass Air flow sensor tells the engine’s ECU how much air it is getting and therefore how much fuel to add it to achieve the desired A/F ratio.
- Port opening adjustment – advancing the timing can lead to small gains.
- Ignition timing adjustment – Advance or retard the ignition timing to suit the modifications.
Please contact us for booking arrangements via the contact button below.