Advanced ECU Tuning: £275 (Forced Induction £POA)
The Advanced package offers a full bespoke tuning service, horse power gains are typically between 10-20hp with increased power throughout the rev range. This service is aimed at those with serious modifications such as, full exhaust systems, intake systems and engine porting although performance gains can be found on a completely standard car.
Examples of what can be done within an Advanced tuning session are:
- OMP oil injection rates – Inject more oil for increased lubrication and side-seal cooling.
- Rev limiter increase -Don’t want to stop at 9000 rpm? you don’t have to!
- Fan operation temperature – Increase cooling efficiency by lowering the temperature the fans operate.
- Low temp rev limiter – Prevent wear when the engine is cold by having a rev limiter.
- VFAD Adjustment – slight air flow advantage can be achieved by operating this sooner.
- Fuel adjustment – Typically the Rx8 runs better on a leaner fuel map which increases power.
- Max load calibration – Needs to be calibrated to match what the engine can do post modification.
- MAF calibration – Mass Air flow sensor tells the engine’s ECU how much air it is getting and therefore how much fuel to add it to achieve the desired A/F ratio.
- Port opening adjustment – advancing the timing can lead to small gains.
- Ignition timing adjustment – Advance or retard the ignition timing to suit the modifications.
Can I change my intake system after a Remap?
RRP do not recommend changing the intake system after a bespoke remap, this will throw out the sensor scaling.
Can I change my exhaust system after a remap?
The exhaust system can safely be changed post ECU tuning.