RRP Billet Aluminium Oil Sump – Rx8 Series 1 (2003-2008)
The RRP Billet oil sump is nearly here and will be available to order in February 2020.
The Rx8 sumps are all looking a bit worse for wear these days and the early ones were never really that effective for controlling the oil flow around the engine pick up. This results in oil starvation when the car is used on fast road and track applications. In the extemis this will cause catastrophic engine failure and at the very least greater wear to the front and rear Rotor and Stationary bearings reducing the life of your engine.
The RRP sump is designed to combat Oil starvation using a unique “Bathtub” design limiting the oils fore and aft movement while naturally providing more oil around the engine pick up, this combined with the internal walls which combat lateral movement and a separate Baffle Plate stops oil starvation while also completely stopping what is known as oil burps.
Machined from one piece of T6061 Aluminium and Anodised in Anthracite for corrosion protection this sump will outlast the lifetime of the car. The OEM level sensor is retained, simply removed from the original sump and refit to the RRP sump with no loss of functionality.
- Oil channelling to stop oil starvation.
- Contoured Bathtub desing, the only sump on the market to have this feature which aids in keeping oil around the pick up as well as more effective draining due to the relocated drain plug which is at the centre of the “Bathtub”.
- Cooling fins which increase the effectiveness of the oil cooling system.
- Separate 3mm Aluminium Baffle plate.
- Two oil ports which could be used as Turbo returns and/or Gauge Sender ports – AN8 ORB 3/4 16 UNF
- Gauge Sender ready – M10 x 1.
- Relocated Drain plug – AN8 ORB 3/4 16UNF
- Sealed with a custom O-ring, no more sealant required.
- Provides extra rigidity and strength to the engine block which is required in higher power applications.
- Extremely tough will withstand significant impacts which would destroy Aluminium cast sumps.
- OEM level sensors compatible meaning no loss of functionality.
- RRP logo
- 1 X RRP Sump
- 1 X Baffle Plate
- 1 X O-ring
- 3 X AN8 Blanks
- 1 X M10 Blank
- 22 X Countersunk retaining bolts
Submit your review