RRP Re-Nitrided Irons/Plates
RRP are proud to be the first in the UK to offer a full Re-Nitriding and Lapping service as part of any engine rebuild untaken with us. The process provides an engine plate which equal to that of a brand new plate at less than 50% of the cost of new plates. In addition if this option is selected in conjunction with RRP Serviceable Oil Injectors and an Uprated Oil Pressure Regulator you’ll automatically qualify for 18 months warranty which is extendable for another 12 months giving 2.5 years warranty in total.
An outline of the Re-Nitriding process is below:
- Thoroughly cleaned and stripped plates.
- All ancillaries removed, stripped, and then plated to OEM Specification.
- The Plate surface is then ground flat.
- The plate receives a new nitrated layer to meet or exceed OEM specifications. The gas heat treat methods will yield a surface which is 50%-70% more durable than new OEM plates!
- Final light lap to ensure all plates are true and Flat 0.0001”.
- OEM brass oil galley plugs removed and replaced to ensure a good oil seal.
PLEASE NOTE: The Re-Nitriding service is carried out for use with OEM seals.